24 Insurers Evaluated on Sandy Claims Performance
Photo credit: Fotalia
Adirondack Insurance Exchange
Allstate Insurance Group
* As of 12/20/12, Allstate had made payments on 72,415 claims, only 46,772 of which were closed.
Amtrust Financial Service Group
Andover Insurance Group
Arch Insurance Group
* All losses are commercial property, with 51 being large commercial property accounts no personal lines/homeowners claims.
Assurant Insurance Group
Berkshire Hathaway (GEICO)
*As of 12/20/12, GEICO had made payments on 28,863 claims, only 7,246 of which were closed.
Central Services Group (aka New York Central Mutual)
* These time frames relate to personal lines (as opposed to commercial lines) policies.
Chubb & Son Inc.
FM Global Group
Hartford Fire & Casualty Group
Liberty Mutual Group
* These estimates encompass a wide array of claims and vary based on the complexity of the loss and damage severity.
Narragansett Bay Insurance Company
NY Property Insurance Underwriting Association
QBE Insurance Group Ltd.
* As of 12/20/12, State Farm had made payments on 39,188 claims, only 27,364 of which were closed.
** These estimates encompass a wide array of claims and vary based on the complexity of the loss and damage severity.
* The time needed to inspect, estimate, and pay any claim will vary depending on the individual circumstances of each claim.
Utica National Insurance Group
Zurich Insurance Group