10 Summer Must-Reads for Leaders
Summer is in full swing, and if you’re looking for a good book to read, the Society for Information Management Regional Leadership Forum 2014 Book List is a great place to start. Participants in the leadership forum will read all 25 books on the list, but Cliff Higbee, facilitator for the Society for Information Management, narrowed the list down to 10 he recommends every leader should read this year.This slideshow first appeared at Information Management. INN recently compiled a list of 10 business, technology and leadership books to help keep your mind sharp this summer. To see it, click here.
1. Leadership is an Art: Leadership is an Art by Max De Pree
2. Man’s Search for Meaning: Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
3. The Zen of Listening : The Zen of Listening by Rebecca Z. Shafir
4. Two Old Women: Two Old Women by Velma Wallis
5. A Leader’s Legacy: A Leader’s Legacy by James M. Kouzes
6. Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool's Guide to Surviving with Grace: Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool's Guide to Surviving with Grace by Gordon MacKenzie
7. Power and Influence : Power and Influence by John P. Kotter
8. True North: True North by Bill George
9. Your Brain at Work : Your Brain at Work by David Rock
10. Crucial Conversations: Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson
These books from the Society for Information Management's Regional Leadership Forum 2014 Book List are ideal for your summer reading list.