Allstate Tops List of 5 Most Effective Spokespersons in Insurance
Phoenix Marketing International recently assessed the effectiveness of consumer insurance ads that include a spokesperson. Phoenix determined the spokespersons' effectiveness through their proprietary Creative Advertising Performance Indicator (AdPi) scores for all ads featuring a spokesperson in 2011 and 2012. Creative AdPi, a modeled single-number score, is a predictive measure that determines an ads potential to motivate a consumer to take an action after seeing the ad. Phoenixs Consumer Auto and Homeowners Insurance Audit surveys 1,500+ consumers each month regarding their perceptions of insurance brands, usage, shopping behavior and response to advertising. Brands tracked include Allstate, American Family, Esurance, Farmers, GEICO, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, Progressive, The Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco, State Farm and USAA.
5. GEICO's Gecko (117): Photo courtesy of GEICO.com
4. Progressive's Flo (122): Photo courtesy of Progressive
3. Allstate's Mayhem (125): Photo courtesy of Mayhem's Facebook page
2. Nationwide's World's Greatest Spokesperson (127): Nationwide retired the World's Greatest Spokesperson last summer, and has since launched a Join the Nation campaign. Photo courtesy of Nationwide
1. Allstate's Dennis Haysbert (136): Photo courtesy of Allstate.com
GEICO and three others also highlighted in ranking of media personalities, campaigns and their ability to make consumers act.