January 23, 2014
January 28, 2014
February 13, 2014
February 12, 2014
The general manager of usage-based insurance says predictive models are the "secret sauce" that gives the company a competitive advantage in the space.
January 14, 2014
Through its acquisition of Nest, Google soon will have access to even more personal data, positioning it to potentially enter the homeowners’ insurance market.
December 13, 2013
Industry associations and experts had a lot to say about the report, even though there wasn’t much new information in it.
November 11, 2013
The latest mile marker on the road to commoditization is being tested in supermarkets, malls, gas stations and auto dealerships.
October 8, 2013
To compete in the health exchange marketplaces, health insurers are finding that effectively integrating and storing data, analyzing consumer data and precision pricing are essential.
October 8, 2013
The balance of being innovative and adequately serving customers is a tricky one, but it's the latter that will make or break an insurer with this youngest demographic.
September 24, 2013
As consumers grow more demanding, insurers would do well to anticipate customer concerns and offer instruction on how to avoid them; but first, they need executive buy-in.
September 19, 2013
ITs monsters can be slain, says former CIO with Aflac and Allstate, and current Perseus CEO Michael Boyle, but its going to take more transparency and a different mindset.
September 11, 2013
While many IT professionals would argue that lean, agile and CMMI are mutually exclusive, Guru Vasudeva, SVP and CTO of Nationwide, says otherwise.
August 8, 2013
Insurance can be complicated and even the best-informed consumer wants advice from family, friends and professionals. And that's where the opportunity for differentiation lays for insurers.
June 13, 2013
A watershed year is shaping up for insurers and their use of technology, and IT/business relations are more important than ever.
May 28, 2013
While automated underwriting and insurance bundling is a likely future for the industry, AIG Casualty SVP Salvator Branca says there are several attendant concerns.
May 21, 2013
A relative newcomer to the insurance industry, RGA Reinsurance CIO Mark Showers shares his perspective on how the insurers' concerns compare to other industries.
April 23, 2013
At RIMS, intellectual, intangible and other non-standard property coverage are top of mind.
April 19, 2013
In terms of insured claims payouts, the fertilizer factory explosion likely will generate even larger dollar claims than the Boston bombings.
- Putting Your Investments Where Your Transformation Is
- Why PolicyWriter is Different: Innovative Data and Rule Alignment
- The Evolution of Insurance
- Transformational Thinking in Insurance Distribution
- Transformational Thinking in Actuarial Services
- Transformational Thinking in Insurance Underwriting
- Understanding Transformational Thinking: Part 2
- Understanding Transformational Thinking: Part 1
- Transformational Thinking in Product Development
- Why PolicyWriter is Different: Comprehensive Rule Management
- Why PolicyWriter is Different: Disruption-Free Upgrades
- Why PolicyWriter is Different: Performance & Scalability
- Why PolicyWriter is Different: Integral Evolutionary Prototyping