November 20, 2014
December 3, 2014
November 20, 2014 - November 6, 2014
Insurance Networking News
2011 INNovators Program
The INNovators Awards are a formal recognition of superior performance in business and technology innovation. Bestowed annually, the award winners are chosen by a panel of judges comprised of Insurance Networking News' editors, editorial advisory board members and respected industry experts. INNovators nominees must work for insurance carriers, agencies or brokerages, and the "innovation" itself must have been in production for enough time so as to have returned demonstrable, tangible results.
The 2010 INNovators program has been enhanced this year to include additional awards in three specific categories that recognize the full complement of insurance technology excellence across all aspects of the business. These awards will recognize insurers, agencies and brokerages for driving demonstrable and significant improvements in one of the three following categories:
- Core Systems: Back office technologies and initiatives that drive bottom-line results. (Examples: policy administration, claims, underwriting, etc.)
- Enterprise Systems: Enterprise-class technologies and initiatives that bridge cross-functional, operational boundaries. (Examples: business process management, enterprise risk management, ERP, networking, etc.)
- Customer Experience: Front office technologies and initiatives that successfully attract, retain and drive customer loyalty, satisfaction and retention. (Examples: social media, portals, customer service, distribution, etc.)
2010 INNovator nominees must work for insurance carriers, agencies or brokerages. Nominations (http://www.insurancenetworking.com/media/ui/2010_INNovatorsNomination_Form.doc) should reflect the name of an individual, a team, a department or an entire company. The innovation must have been in production long enough to have returned demonstrable, tangible results.
Anyone with a specialized knowledge of information technologyas it applies to insurancecan nominate a potential INNovator. Those eligible to nominate a potential INNovator can work for insurance companies, technology solution providers, research firms or consulting companies.
The editors of Insurance Networking News, the distinguished members of the INN Board of Advisors and a panel of notable insurance industry experts will determine the winners. Judges will evaluate three critical areas across the three categories listed above: technical impact, business impact and level of innovation,
If the judges consider more than one project worthy of the highest recognition, they may, at their discretion, choose more than one INNovator.
The winner/winners will have led or contributed to a business application, innovation or project anywhere in the insurance industry supply chain that uses technology to meet many, but not necessarily all, of the following possible criteria:
- Unprecedented use of technology
- New uses for established technology
- Demonstrable return on investment
- Cost savings
- Brand enhancement
- Improved efficiency
- Better accuracy
- Increased production
- More complete reporting
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Enhanced agent retention
- Better customer service
- Furtherance of corporate objectives
- Acceptance from other parts of the company
- Good relations with vendors
- Good relations with consultants
Winners will be announced in a special issue of Insurance Networking News, as well as on the Insurance Networking News Web site. INNovators best practices case studies may also be featured in subsequent issues of INN, and in a special E-book of INNovators Best Practices. Winners may also be invited to participate in an INN TV video interview, featured on the Insurance Networking News website and in the public domain.
Entry deadline to be announced the first week of August. To see last year's nomination form, click here